Orange Chicken with Walnut, Aprictots and Cranberry served with Mashed Potatoes and Veggies








It is first post of 2016.

Before I move forward, I want to wish you all a very happy , healthy ,successful & peaceful year ahead.

Something Sweet, Something Meaty and Something Chewy to eat. None of the recipe given below are original or authentic recipe. They are my recipe which I followed following my instincts and which I thought would taste good.

I always love that slightly sweet taste in all my food. I try to bring that sweetness with natural ingredients. Hence, I try to incorporate different dry fruits and berries in my food so I get that sweet taste in every morsel I am having. The benefit, I don’t crave for a separate sweet dish after food.

Of I forgot to mention that I just recovered from a very long fever because I had a sip of a mock tail which happened to have orange juice in it and I am highly allergic to it. The consequence, I was sick for whopping 7 days.

However, my love for Orange is so much that I still dared to cook chicken in Orange . Well, not directly but I used Orange Marmalade and it tasted awesome.

The house was full of accolades and I was glowing with happiness.

What You Need for the Orange Chicken:

2 chicken breasts cut into small chunks
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn flour
Marinate chicken in the above ingredients for 15 minutes.
Take 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
Toss the chicken pieces till they are just white outside. A little char is ok. Do not overcook as chicken will turn hard when cooked later in orange juice.

Take out the chicken. In the same pan, add 1 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp orange marmalade and 2 tsp teriyaki sauce. Cook till its reduced to half. Add 1tsp cornflour mixed in water. As soon as you add it to the orange juice, the reduction will thicken.
At this time, add cooked chicken, handful of walnuts, some chopped apricots and some dried cranberries.
Cook for 2 3 minutes more. You are done.

For the Mashed Potatoes:

4 to 5 boiled potatoes peeled and mashed.
1 cup milk
1 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
7 to 8 crushed garlic

Heat butter in a pan.
Add the garlic and cook till brown.
Add mashed potato, milk, water, salt and pepper.
Cook till you have a nice smooth and thin paste.
Mash if required to get a smooth paste.
Finally I added some zatar powder and mixed well to get a nice flavor.
Boiled some peas and sweet corn to serve over mashed potatoes.

Now take some green peas , some baby corn and toss them in few drops of oil and sprinkle salt and pepper only what is required.

Enjoy your meal.


2 comments: