Orange Marmalade Tutti Frutti Cake





They say : Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.



As far as I am concerned, Baking is one thing which keeps me alive. Baking is something which didn’t come easy to me like other cooking skills. I had to bake and re-bake till I came to a stage that my cakes were edible. The whisking of batter, the sieving of flour, the breaking of eggs in the bowl, the addition of nuts and finally the smell of the baking of a sinful cake makes me happy. Yes Baking makes me extremely complacent.


It is sad that I am allergic to Orange and Orange Juice and the moment I drink Orange juice, I hit the bed with 101 degree centigrade fever. However, I love the orange flavor and find it hard to block it out of my life . I have found a safe method to include it in my diet. And that is through cakes. Yes my body does not react to orange cakes. Hence, the last time I baked a cake, I decided to flavor it Narangi .
Added some tutti frutti to it and I must say it was the most brilliant smell with heavenly flavor.

Orange Marmalade Tutti Frutti Cake

Let’s learn how to make this simple cake :

All-purpose flour 2 and ½ cups
Eggs 2
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
Orange Marmalade ½ cup
Orange Juice 1 cup
Baking powder 2 and ½ tsp
Oil ½ cup
tutti frutti ½ cup
Vanila Essence or Orange Essence 1 tsp


Steps to Make:

Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade for about 10 minutes
Sieve all-purpose flour and baking powder together.
Whisk eggs, sugar , oil , orange juice and orange marmalade together.
Add the flour mixture one table spoon after another . Finally add essence and whisk for another 15 -20 minutes in one direction.
Add tutti frutti towards the end and mix the batter.
Grease a baking tray and pour the batter.
Put the baking tray inside the pre-heated oven and bake the cake for 35 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
Allow the cake to cool down completely. Then cut into small pieces and enjoy. Store it in air tight container and inside refrigerator.

14 comments:

  1. Hey shared some awards with you.. Do collect it from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spirit, never give up and finally you've got it right, looks great dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this one came out well, mine looked like marble cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Looks so perfect and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks wonderful dear. Sure I would love to try this particular method for the beautiful outcome. Very nice click.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Perfect zebra cake. Even I made marble cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect zebra cake...looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like u r a perfectionist! such a perfect zebra cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooow!!!perfect zebra cake dear looks soo soft n moist..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome zebra cake, looks prefect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the zebra cake Soma...looks so yum and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has come out very well, looks great.

    ReplyDelete