Murg Lababdar - Have a great new Year !!!



Moohn me pani aya kya naam sun ke ? 

This is my first post for the new year . Before I give you all the recipe of this awesome recipe, I want to Wish All my readers,family and friends , a Very Happy and Great New Year ahead.

Don't forget to be awesome this year as well !!!

My mouth waters in the name of chicken and when its cooked this way I often find myself licking the plate and eat 2 to 3 pieces when being cooked.
I am thinking to stop trying any other version of chicken curry and settle down with this one.
Well you have to either make it yourself to understand why I am claiming so high about it or you will have to become my guest so I can make some for you.
I have given a pictorial step by step guide to the amazing curry.


What You Need:


1 kg chicken (bone or bonless) though boneless is going to taste better
4 to 5 onions finely chopped
1 big capsicum chopped
2 3 green chili chopped



5 to 6 tomatoes finely chopped
2 kashmiri red chili
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste

Make a paste of the above.


1 tbsp kasuri methi crushed
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp cheese grated (Optional) or make a paste of 1/2 cup mil + 2 tbsp chopped cashew
Some green chili deseeded and chopped /slit
1 bay leaf
2 to 3 cloves
2 to 3 green cardamom


For the marination:
1 cup hung curd
2 tbsp tandoori masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
Marinate for 2 hours and grill in oven till its half done.



Rest of the stesps:

Now Heat oil in a wok or kadai.
Add chopped green chilies and whole spices.


Add chopped onions, green chili  and capsicum.
Cook till it is nicely cooked.
Next add the pureed tomatoes and cook nicely till you see oil on the top.
Add the half grilled chicken pieces, Cashew and Milk paste, remaining marination
Add crushed kasuri methi.
Cover and cook till chicken is almost done. You can add water while cooking but not more than half cup.
At this point, add grated cheese and honey for getting the labadar consistency.
Your yummy Chicken Tikka Labaddar recipe is ready.



Grated cheeese, honey and cashew paste give the main lababdar consistency

14 comments:

  1. wow..looks delicious Soma..Never tried chicken and beans before..

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also make this preparation for my son. I add carrot too. Very healthy dear....
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting one,looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious and interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice recipe dear nice combo,,,i add potatoes in my chicken curry like u dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stew Soma...looks very delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful combo' stew looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look delicious,,, yummy,, happy tummu =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice i like that.. also see that recipe.. thanks
    http://www.joketojokes.com/chicken-lambabdar-recipe-in-urdu-cook-with-faiza-hd/

    ReplyDelete