Ridge Gourd Cooked With Prawns |Turai Jhinga ki Sabji | Janhi Chingudi Tarkari


Sometimes over blogging or blogging everyday kind of blocks my mind. I fall short of ideas, words and recipes. I wonder if it happens to other bloggers  as well. I can speak of only myself because I abstain from posting similar recipes . For example, an Uttapam would be an Uttapam, I find it useless to post 5 different types of Uttapam with same dosa batter : eg Onion Uttapam, Tomato Uttapam, Capsicum Uttapam and then Mix Everything to make Mix Veg Uttapam. Though my hubby completely appreciates this idea to increase your blog post, I refrain myself from doing it.
Past few days have been such days when either I find the recipe silly enough to post or find myself repeating from what I have already posted.

Finally, I made something good which can find its way to the post. Also , because it was a combination or Veg and Non Veg, it is something I would find myself making often.



I mixed Ridge Gourd with some Medium Size Prawns and Served with Roti or Phulka. They can be light and make an excellent meal.

What You Need:
3 to 4 medium size ridge gourd peeled and cut into medium size pieces
200 grams prawns – medium size
2 big onions findely chopped
3 big tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 dry red chili
1 tsp kasuri  methi
1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
2 tbsp mustard oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste


Steps To Make:

Marinate prawns with salt and turmeric powder and pan fry till they just turn golden.
Remove from pan and keep aside.
Add remaining oil to the same pan.
Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and dry red chilies.
Add finely chopped onions and cook till it turns brown.
Next add the pureed tomatoes or finely chopped tomatoes however, you like them.
Cook till raw smell is gone.
Add 1 cup of water, red chili powder, crushed kasuri methi and ridge gourd pieces.
Bring it boil and salt to it.
Once Ridge gourd is almost cooked, add prawns and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more
The curry is cooked completely now and you can eat with Rotis.



7 comments:

  1. Hey , this one is different version. I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, thanks for visiting my blog and helping me discover your site. Nice space here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is my fav....though in our homes we mostly do it with mustard paste. Nice Recipe....Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Alka. I will try with Mustard Paste too next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour Soma .....looks so yumm !

    ReplyDelete