Fresh Orange Juice N Grated Carrot Cake with Mixed Nuts and Flax Seeds


Wish you all Merry Christmas !!!

One of the best cakes I have baked till date. When I started out the recipe, I decided to reduce the ingredient by half so if it does not taste  good, I will not regret wasting the ingredients and electricity.
However, now I am craving for more as it was super moist and came out much much tastier than I had anticipated which was over in few hours.

What You Need for the small cake I made (Gives 8 to 9 pieces approximately)




1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup carrot grated
5 walnuts chopped
2 tbsp cashew chopped
1 tbsp raisins
1/2 cup sugar
1/4th cup oil
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp flax seeds
A pinch of orange rind

Steps To Make:

Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade for 8 minutes.
Mix everything together in a saucepan.
Whisk for 5 minutes with an egg beater. It does not need more whisking.
Pour the mixture into the tray. I used the tray which I normally use to bake bread.
Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
Your cake is ready.
Allow it to cool down before you de mould and cut into slices.


6 comments:

  1. Yum Yum cake. I just loved it. Wish I could grab it from the snap but not possible. I am definitely gonna prepare the dish as per your recipe. Will share the feedback with u as well. Thank u for the share....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shreya. Do try. I will wait for feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Soma,

    I would like to try this but I don't have flax seeds. Can you suggest any substitute for this? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Varnasi,

    You can use condensed milk instead of flaxseed or eggs.

    Thanks
    Soma

    ReplyDelete