Palak Moong Daal | Spinach Lentil Curry | Muga Saga



Popeye , the Sailor Man was my favorite cartoon character and I would eagerly await him to come on Sunday Evening.  He loved his spinach and became instantly powerful after consuming his can of spinach and saved his skinny girlfriend and sometimes himself from any situation he was in. Why don’t we have such cartoon characters invented today. My mom never struggled to make me eat spinach because I was already impressed and inspired by Popeye.

And Mung Dal is also one of the healthiest lentils available. It has weight reducing properties. So what will happen when you combine spinach and mung dal together, well it will be one of the healthiest dishes available. Spinach is rich in iron and is good for hair, skin, eyes etc.


What You Need:

1 cup Moong Dal
1 big bunch of fresh spinach leaves finely chopped
1 tbsp oil

To be ground to paste by adding little water
3 tbsp coconut
3 dry red chili
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds

1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp hing
Salt to taste

Steps To Make:

Dry roast lentils for 4 to 5 minutes and pressure cook till soft.
Next add oil in a kadai or wok.
Add hing to it. Add chopped spinach leaves ad cook till it turns soft.
Add cooked lentils, turmeric powder, ground coconut paste and salt to taste.
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame.
And its ready to be served.

..

12 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love this dal. Today is very interesting!! I had Beans with coconut and Green moong dal in my menu. Now I can see you and Priya coming out with the recipe.
    Wait for my post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never tried mango dal with potato,which sounds interesting ...i will try it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy, delicious and easy to make dhal, looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dal:) Always love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delectable dal, looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete