Traditional or Classic Tomato Soup with Garlic and Italian Herbed Toasted Bread


In one of the recent townhalls, my senior manager during one of his diction said a very crucial thing – There are two type of people in this world. One who get the work done and one get the credit of it. Well if you don’t know what I am talking about, I will explain in little detail. I am talking about plagiarism here. How many bloggers think plagiarism implies copying your pictures or content of post without your permission ? And to your surprise, the person who does that gets appreciated more than the person who actually puts his heart and brain out to think about it. For the pictures, you have a solution- water mark them. What will you about the the 2nd issue ? Practically nothing. Its not facebook when you can block that person out of your life.

A particular blogger has been repeatedly doing this to me (without the credit ), will not take names and take pot shots here. It did upset me and I was silent. I have this typical tendency of going completely silent when I am hurt. And my hubby says, my face says it all. He being a Sagittarius, a super positive person (Want to know more about Zodiac signs, Read this amazing book here) , tried his best to pump me up as always and make me feel a celebrity instead while the other just trying to imitate me owing to the lack of originality. 

Well, I would like to believe now there is some truth to it. I am happy even if I am making a difference in a single kitchen. Being the centre of attention was never my character..though I do regret the life time opportunity by rejecting the invitation from colosceum to be a part of master chef India season 1 without even giving any audition back in 2009. 

That was a piece of my mind which I wanted to share with my blog readers .

Any ways, I generally shy away from posting recipes which is very common and 9 out of 10 people who know how to cook know the recipe of it . The classic tomato soup is one of them in which tomato is the most vital ingredient and some extra spices to give it a kick. One more point to mention, in India people generally like to have soup as an appetizer rather than a meal. This classic or traditional recipe is one of the most commonly served recipe in most occasions. I remember my Mommy making them since childhood which I used to consume in a tea cup. Those were the days, when we were still not introduced to the table etiquettes and have soup in proper bowl and spoon. This recipe is how I remember my mother making it for me in her prestige pressure cooker.  Today when I make it, I serve with some garlic and Italian herbs rubbed grilled toast and as a proper meal.

The measurement given will make soup for 4 people.



What You Need:
8 ripe tomatoes
7-8 whole black pepper 
2 bay leaf
1 big cinamon stick
5-6 cloves

Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
1/2 tsp whole black pepper powder
7-8 garlic pods crushed
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cornflour

Steps To Make:

Pressure cook tomatoes, whole spices and 4 cups of water in pressure cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Switch off the flame. Allow the presuure to drop.
Strain the soup through a strainer. Gently Blend the whole spices left in the strainer in a blender with some strained soup. Strain it again. The flavor of whole spices will now be in the soup.
Heat butter in a deep saucepan. Add garlic and allow it to turn brown.
Add the strained soup and bring it to boil.
Add salt and sugar to taste. Add pepper powder to the boiling soup.
Add cornflour to 1 tbsp water and mix well till you don’t see lumps.
Boil for another two minutes and serve hot with toasted garlic bread

For the garlic bread :

In a mortar and pestal, add some garlic, pepper powder and butter.
Blend it together to a smooth paste.
Rub small portions on the mixture on your favorite bread and toast them on both sides.


4 comments:

  1. i like this combo very much...yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks so comforting with the bread, yummy combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comforting soup for this weather.

    ReplyDelete