Flax Seeds Egg-less Dry Fruit Chocolate Cake

I like to bake specially chocolate cakes . The whole house smells like a chocolate factory and the small child in me comes out as I keep peeping into the oven through the glass if the cake is rising or not. The nice aroma which fumes into your nose feels like Nirvana.

I usually experiment with the nuts that I put into the chocolate and the best till date has been roasted hazel nut. I am yet to test with Pine Nuts and Pecans, an item marked in my todo list, which I think would taste great.

Earlier, I used to whisk the batter with my palms which used to be extremely painstaking and if not done correctly, the cake would turn out into a dome shape and have big holes inside. Now with my electric blender, my experiments in kitchen have become much  easier. Now my cakes rise evenly and also have a perfect flat top which reduces wastage if I am planning to give it a crème topping.

This is the first time I tried using flax seeds as an egg substitute. The cake turned out more like a brownie and was denser compared to when I add eggs. Also, I reduced the oil to almost one-third than what I put. It still was yum , at least everybody said so .

What You Need:

1 All Purpose Flour 200 grams
2 Fax Seeds 100 grams
3 Luke warm water 1 cup
4 Milk 1 cup
5 Sugar 1 and 1/4th cup powdered
6 Coco Powder 2 tbsp
7 Baking Powder 2 and ½ tsp
8 Raisins 1/3rd cup
9 Cashew Nuts 1/3rd cup
10 Walnuts 1/3rd cup
11 Chocolate chips 2 tbsp
12 Oil 1/3rd cup

Steps To Make:

Sieve flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and coco powder.
Grind flaxseed to a fine powder and add to the above.
Add milk, oil , water and mix well with a thick spatula.
Put your electric blender on and blend on high for 6-7 minutes.
Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade for 12 minutes.
Add all the dry fruits to the cake batter. Mix properly with the same spatula.
Pour the batter into a greased tray.
Bake for 38 to 40 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
Allow the cake to cool down completely before you cut it into pieces.

Put in Air Tight Containers and keep in refrigerator  to preserve them upto 7 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment