Lehsuni Bhindi | Garlic Okra Fry


Lahsuni Bhindi | Garlic Okra Fry

Simple dishes are time saviors. When they taste great, its a bonus. If its healthy, it a cherry on the cake. Try this simple garlic okra fry. Tastes simply good.


What You Need :

500 grams Bhindi/Okra chopped into 1 cm thick piece
2 whole garlic pod crushed coarsely
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp onion seeds
2 dry whole chili broken
1/2 tsp dry mango powder
salt to taste

Steps To Make:

Heat oil in a pan. Add all the dry seeds and broken red chili.
Once it starts to splutter add 1/2 the garlic.
Cook till it turns pink in color.
Add bhindi and mix well.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Open the lid. Add salt , red chili powder and mix well.
If the bhindi turns slimy, cook with lid open. Add dry mango powder.
When you see bhindi is almost done, add the remaining garlic and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes more.
Serve Hot..The garlic (cooked and fresh ones give a good taste to the bhindi).
Do not add any other spices. It curbs the garlic taste.

Lahsuni Bhindi | Garlic Okra Fry

17 comments:

  1. Love the garlic flavour in any of my dishes, i would love this one too ,so easy and delicious one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely post indeed! The dish is spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bhindi and this recipe sounds interesting and yummm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love okras..Looks healthy and simple..

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okra looks really good Soma..nice preparation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so garlic bendi fry..delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bhindi fry..looks yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okra fry looks very delicious dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love garlicky flavour in bhindi...I do more or less similar. This happens to be my everyday kind of food.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bumped in here for the first time,ur recipes are very tempting and inviting....loved the garlic kick...Bhindi sabji looks very delicious and I am sure it tastes equally good...

    Njoy Cooking n Happy Blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm.., I am so hungry actually, I just wanted to drink coffee and thought I will check the mails, and here I am feeling more hungry, I love bhindi so much, that looks so appealing, I could eat it with chapathis or may be rasam!!, I have never used garlic I should try it out some time...

    ReplyDelete