SabuDana Papad


Sabudana Papad dry very quickly in hot summer afternoons. I laid down some papads which came out very well.. I fried some and ate..Now will try microwaving them to see how they come out. If you are new, try with 1 cup sabudana or ½ cup sabudana.1/2 cup sabudana will make 20 papads.

Ingredients :

1 cup sabudana soaked for 1 hour
6 cups of water
Salt to taste
Pinch of hing
1 tsp jira
1 tspp ginger chili paste
1 tsp sesame seeds

Method to cook :

Boil sabudana in water till becomes transparent. Add rest of the ingredients. Stir frequently to prevent sticking to bottom.
It will reduce and change into a thick liquid. This will take about 20-25 minutes.
Switch off flame and allow it to cool.
Spread a cotton saree or polythene sheet. If using polythene sheet, grease it with a oil.
Take a small bowl of sabudana mixture. Pour it on sheet and spread out evenly. Make it as thin as possible but not so thin that there are holes.
Sun Dry and store in air tight containers.
Fry them with any meals and enjoy

27 comments:

  1. I love these papads, we make it big batches back in India..my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. During summer mom used to make sago pappads, I never made them myselg here...wanna give it a try this summer. Your preparation luks perfect, uniform and very professional:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this kind of papad in rainy season with simple daal chawl.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and yummy, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Soma new to your page and love quite some recipes here. you have a nice space and a great eye for foodography.
    my maa used to make sabu papad but I never tried. now I can try to surprise her. looks perfect and delicious with hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The aunty in my neighbourhood used to prepare this. Yours look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never made them myself..you have lots of patience..they have come out perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New here..... this reminds me of mom she is doing it down in our place I love them u tried them at home.... I cnt as i dont have place to dry them....

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav papads! Nice work Soma:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite! My mom used to make this and send it to me .I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my fav too, but never tried it doing at home...must try this one..thanks for sharing it soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom always packs for me, love this. Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haiiii!!! Soma,,thanks for ur lovely comment on my recipe dear,,papad looks like glass dear it came out perfect i never tried papads making at home,,,

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..this is new to me...sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi soma, I too love this papad, I am just waiting for a good sunshine, so I can make some papads!!, they look great, reminds me of Bangalore!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely papad...good recipes here...will be back to check out more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. vadagam looks perfect.. I just love it .. makes me very nostalgic

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all types of papad and sabudana papad ismy favourite. Looks crispy and perfect. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Umm..the papad looks glassy and crispy. I am eyeing the Mango Lassi in the previous post though. I love Lassi. Ergo, Calling myself Cool Lassi(e)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks perfect.. I cannot imagine doing it myself.. Papad supply comes from my mom or granny!!!
    Do take a sneak a peek in my space when time permits!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this papads. Can munch of the fried ones anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look so beautiful!! What a lovely recipe Soma.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey! you made pappads at home! That's brilliant dear. They look very perfect n gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fried sabudane sandge / papad..any time..

    ReplyDelete