Cauliflower Manchurian


This is another Indo chinese recipe. Though I feel it is even wrong to call it Indo Chinese. It has all Indian flavours in it. I think its an hot favourite among all Indians. I used to prepare it a lot earlier. However, I hardly make it these days . In fact i have switched to the non vegetarian version of it replacing cauliflower with chicken which tastes awesome.

Ingredients :

3 cup cauliflower florets
2 capsicum chopped
2 onions chopped
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
1 inch ginger chopped
3 green chilies chopped
3 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
salt to taste
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg beaten
Oil for deep frying

Method to cook :

Mix cornflour with 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, egg, 2 tsp tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, salt , baking powder and mix well.
Heat oil in a wok. Dip the florets in the cornflour sauce made above and deep fry the pieces one by one.
Strain excess oil over tissue paper and keep aside.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Saute capsicum pieces till they are slightly brown. Keep aside.
Heat another 1 tsp oil in pan. Saute onions till brown. Set Aside.
Heat 1 tsp oil again in same pan. Add ginger, green chilies, remaining ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add all sauce, tomato puree and mix everything well. Cook for 2 minutes more. Add the capsicum and onion pieces. Add the fried cauliflower florets, little salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
You Manchurian is ready to be served.

14 comments:

  1. yum yum yum......all time fav. Thanks for sharing this.
    Deepa
    http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gobi manchurian...I made this week :) Wonderful clicks dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manchurian looks yummm... lovely click too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah! I'm drooling over the picture! I can have this with fried rice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is still sitting in my draft...drooling here rite now..tempting manchurian..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow lovely..love to have any time..:)
    nice click too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks mouthwatering. Can finish them all in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manchurian looks very delicious and makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love dis one...love to eat with fried rice...mm yummy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi. I love this and can finish plates of it all by myself.
    I have announced my first event Soma, will be glad if u could participate.take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ie one lovely manchurian, Soma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is one of my all time fav manchurian,it looks very tempting soma..

    ReplyDelete