Soy Adai


I came to know about this dish recently after seeing them in various blogs. I was amazed that I was completely ignorant of the various adai you can make with the given factor that we have so many different kind of legumes available. I had small quantity of soy bean left which I thought will add too to increase its nutritional value.

My adai might be different than the original recipe. But it tastes good.

Ingredients I used are :

For the batter :

1/4 cup soy bean (white kidney bean)
1/4 cup split masoor daal
1/4th cup channa daal
1/4th cup urad daal
1/4 cup rice
1 inch ginger
4 green chilies
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp hing
salt to taste

For the topping :

onion chopped
tomato chopped
coriander leaves chopped
green chili chopped

Method to cook :

Soak all the legumes and rice for 3-4 hours.
Grind to a fine batter along with ginger and green chili.
Mix with hing. salt and baking soda.
Keep Aside for 15 minutes.

Heat oil in a dosa tawa. Take 2 tbspn of bater and spread it evenly. It should be about 1/2 cm thick.
Spread the chopped vegetables over the batter. Gently press with a spoon.Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp oil evenly on the dosa.
Cook one side for about 4-5 minutes on medium. Turn it upside down to cook the other side also.
Serve with tomato chutney.

6 comments: