Soya Chunk Manchurian



I always saw this recipe on the packet of Nutrella. I again saw this recipe in one of the blogs Faiz Ali Khan's blog.. And I had some soya chunks left at home..A sudden guest arrived on Sunday and I had nothing left at home except one capsicum in the fridge. Hence, I thought this is the best time to utilise the soy chunks left at home.. I did variation to it to increase the size of Manchurian balls.

Ingredients :
2 cups soy chunks
1 small capsicum cut into small size
1 onion cut into small size
1 green chili slit
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp chili garlic paste
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
1 beaten egg as binder(optional)

Method to cook :
Heat water in a pan and drop in the balls. Cook till soy chunks are soft.
Remove hot boiling water and run through cold water.
Mash the soya chunks well with hand. Add salt, chili garlic sauce, cornflour and ginger garlic paste.
Heat oil in a kadai. Once oil is hot, take lemon size ball of soy chunk mix made above and slide into hot oil.
You can also try shallow frying.
Once, they are done, take out on a tissue paper to soak excess water.
Heat 1 tsp oil in another pan and cook onion till pink. Add capsicum at this stage and cook till capsicum is tender. Add slit green chili,
tomato kechtup and fried soy balls.
Add a little salt for seasoning . Add soy sauce and toss gently.
Serve hot.

16 comments:

  1. Wow..this is new to me..looks yummyy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even i bookmarked this at Faiza's place, manchurian looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New wonderful recipe to me!!Very innovative manchurian..i have bookmarked it will try it soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw this before in Faiza's blog and yes this is a good one indeed.

    I think I should also get inspired by such recipes but my time does not permit me to involve in it.

    I am a good,... mm... ok fair cook but time is often a constraint to cook them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soma Thanks for your comments .

    I will try to apply them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soya manchurian looks tempting and mouth watering. Thanks for this lovely recipe.
    Please collect your award from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soya manchurian looks delicious.
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great,i have it in my draft yet to post.....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..never thought of this before..:-) Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats interesting one with soya chunks...never tried soya in any gravy till now,surely looks yummy soma...great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. my husband always kept asking for something like this.. I was like maybe hes gone nuts.. who makes Manchurian out of soy chunks? And here I am seeing this totally delectable recipe... :) I am sure he will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.
    Order Online Food Delhi

    ReplyDelete

  13. This is an exotic dish! You are really brave to cook this.
    Restaurants in South Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a famous kitchen cooking show and i love this because it give us too much idea about recipe and you share have to share nicely your blog thanks grace.Online Food Delivery menu

    ReplyDelete