Aloo-Mooli Ki Sabji

I usually play small tricks with my hubby when it comes to his lunch box. He doesn't like 90% of the vegetables. Hence, making him eat some of them is quite a challenge . I usually try cook veg and non veg together...I made this yesterday and put this in my husband's lunch box. Since, he eats only methi bhaji, I decided not to tell him anything about what I packed for lunch. The bhaji looked very similar to methi bhaji..It didn't smell the same though and neither the method of preparation was same. When , he opened the tiffin, he thought its methi bhaji and could not even imagine in wildest dreams that it was mooli and not methi.

After he returned from office, we were discussing casually when he said that they shared lunch box and that he offered methi bhaji to evrybody and few of his female colleagues liked it very much. It was then I could not control anymore and blurted out that it was not methi..He was very angry on me for making him eat Mooli . I had a big laugh though.. Even his colleagues could not make out !!!
Ingredients :

2 tsp mustard oil
2 Mooli (Raddish) cut into very small pieces
1 big potato cut into small pieces too
Leaves of 2 raddhish chopped finely
1 big onion chopped
1/2 tomato chopped
1/4 th ginger crushed coarsely
2-3 garlic crushed coarsely
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
pinch of hing


Method to Cook :

Heat mustard oil till it reaches smoking point. Lower the flame and add cumin seeds.
Add hing and turmeric powder.
Add onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. Cook till onion turns brown.
Add mooli, potato and green leaves.
Add all powdered spices .Cover and cook till mooli and potato turn soft.
Add salt and a splash of water if mooli turns dry.
Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes more.Serve with Roti


14 comments:

  1. I love radish leaves! I eat them with rasam rice! This dish is very awesome! Adding potatoes give a much taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting combo,never tried it this way,nice recipe too..surely going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha... it was a interesting read. My grandmother also do the same with bitter guard that I dont like to eat. She avoids the bitter taste and add's it with other vegetables to appear another recipe.

    Mooli ki bhaaji looks good even though I never had it before.

    Jabardast dish boss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Soma, very delicious and healthy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.....now I've got to try it!looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom use to hide things this way all the time and trick me!
    Good one! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious. Nice pictures with wonderful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.... Soma nice and interesting recipe, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. whether it is mooli or methi, I love this as it is! but they all loved it, right? that is important :)
    I do this kinda tricks with my teddies but they find out very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you hubby's colleagues enjoyed eating it, Looks Delicious!

    Do try Pumpkin Pie, it will turn out Good:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mooli sabzi & paratha as well.
    just wanted a slight variation in making the sabzi.
    will try it out ,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  12. it is my first time visit i here. Mooli ki bhaaji looks good even though I never had it before. thankyou for shearing this information with us!chowringhee laxmi nagar

    ReplyDelete

  13. Recipes forgajar- mooli sabji . its so tasty and spicy. pictures..looks so good and beautiful. thankyou for shearing. non-veg Recipe

    ReplyDelete