Drumstick-Aloo ki Bhaji


Being a vegetable lover, when I got some very tender drumstick last Friday from one of my husband's colleague, it simply made my day. Her mother is really a sweetheart to send me those drumstick from their kitchen garden. It was a long time that I had eaten it . I prepared it in the style I used toe at it since childhood . It was truly a wonderful experience. The drumstick being tender, the juices where melting right in mouth making it even more exotic.
Ingredients :
5-6 drumstick cut into 2 inches long
2 big potatoes cut into long slices
2 tbspn mustard seeds
1 pod garlic
½ tspn turmeric powder
3-4 green chilies chopped
1 tspn coriander powder
1 dried mango piece
Salt to taste
2 tb spn oil
Method to cook:
Heat oil in a pan. Add the drumstick and cook on a low flame for 5-6 minutes.
Grind the mustard seeds along with garlic with a little water. Add the paste to the drumsticks.
Add Potatoes, turmeric, coriander powder and green chillies.
Add 1 cup of water, dried mango and cook on a low flame for few minutes.
Add Salt and cook till the water disappears and drumstick and potatoes are cooked
Serve with Rice and Daal

No comments:

Post a Comment