Tomato - Okra Fry With your Fav FIFA Team




Do you follow FIFA  ? No I am not asking you this question, but is the question which everybody is asking me these days on lync, during lunch or snack break and even during meetings :O . If I say yes, a series of question follows , Who is favourite team ? Who is favourite player ? Do you really stay late to watch the match ? How do you manage to come to office next day ? Oh my favourite team is already out L . My favourite player is also not playing anymore. Should I still be following it ? Sometimes, I feel it’s easy escape to say ..umm..not really.. except I catch up with headlines in the FIFA official website fifa.com …

But with so many things going around with so little time to spend in kitchen and to add to it, no rains in Pune which is really making me grumpy. The monsoon should better start from today. Everyday I find myself repeating the words : Yere Yere Pausa (a Marathi nursery rhyme which means : rain rain please come)  in the morning hoping it would rain today. God please ..please..please.. send some rain..Thanks to Global Warming and the changed weather conditions, Human Kind is suffering the consequences of its own action..

So my husband asked me today morning , what’s the plan for lunch..hmm..dont want to enter the kitchen..so should I eat in cafeteria..ok..but I start thinking "what will I eat"..My office caterer cooks Oil in vegetable rather than Vegetables in oil..ok..let me make some Okra..thats the easiest vegetable any Indian would vouch for..Fine..I get up..cut some okra..chop some onions and some tomatoes…Put them in a kadai in a jiffy with few drops of  mustard oil..and our lunch box is ready..Thank You God for creating Okra.the most loved Indian vegetable..some is left for me which I can have in the dinner..and click pictures to post here .. :) :)

So What You Need:

1 Tomato 3 cut into thin strips
2 Onion 1 cut into julians
3 Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
4 Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
5 Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
6 Dry Red Chili 2
7 Okra cut diagonally to Small Pieces 500 grams
8 Mustard Oil 2 tbsp
9 Vegetable of Sunflower oil 1 tsp
10 Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
11 Cumin Powder 1 tsp
12 Salt To Taste

Steps To Make:

Wash Okra 3 to 4 times in water.
Spread in a newspaper and put your fan on . The okra will dry up fast.
Cut then diagonally to small pieces.
Heat mustard oil in a big flat pan till smoking point. Reduce flame.
Put the okra pieces and cook on high stirring it gently from  time to time. The sliminess will disappear on its own after about 15-20 minutes.
Now in a separate pan, add oil.
Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
Add ginger garlic paste and sliced onions.
Cook till onion turns brown.
Add tomato slices, turmeric and cumin powder.
Cook till the tomatoes are well cooked.
Add this to the flat pan in which you  have cooked okra.
Sprinkle some salt and cook on high for 2-3 minutes.

You Tomato-Okra Fry is ready. Serve with roti and daal.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment