Palak Chicken Ghee Roast


Most would agree with me that food cooked in Ghee or Clarified Butter takes the recipe to all together a different level. I came to know about Chicken Ghee Roast for the 1st time in the Show Twist of Taste which gets broadcasted in Fox Traveller Channel and Hosted by MasterChef Judge VikasKhanna . The chef inspired from Chicken Ghee Roast invented a completely different dish as that’s the concept of the show. Unfortunately, the secret to original recipe was never disclosed in the episode.

However, I was bent on making the traditional dish in my kitchen as it looked too tempting to me. I started my search where I always look for Konkan Dishes and Woohoo I found it here . I started  making the preparation. Everything was ready – the chicken, the marinade and then finally came the time to roast the Red Chilies for the marinate. I was zapped to find the amount of chilies that go in. My taste buds are not meant to eat chilies. My dreams were shattered. I kept thinking what do I make now since I have been dreaming about this recipe since morning. That’s when I too decided to adapt my recipe and came up with my own version of Chicken Ghee Roast. It tasted really amazing and smelled divine. That’s when I decided to post the recipe for all.

What You Need:

1 Chicken/Clarified Butter 1 kg
2 Ghee 1/4 cup
3 Tomato Pureed 4
4 Onions Chopped 2
5 Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
6 Curd 1/2 cup
7 Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
8 Spinach Bunch 1
9 Salt To Taste
10 Sugar To Taste
11 Bedke Chili 3
12 Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
13 Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
14 Pepper Corn 1 tsp
15 Cardamom 1 tsp
16 Fenugreek Seeds 1 tsp
17 Cinamon Stick 1



Steps To Make:

Boil spinach in hot water for 3-4 minutes. Blanch in cold water and grind to a fine paste.Keep aside to use later.
Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
Add Bedke Chili, Fennel Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Pepper Corn, Cardamom and Cinnamon stick. Roast for a minute  or two till you get a nice aroma.
Grind to a fine powder and store in an air tight compartment to use it later.
Marinate Chicken in turmeric powder and salt.
Heat Ghee in a pan. Once it is hot, add the marinated chicken and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add curd and tomato mixture. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the dry spice powder, sugar to taste and cook till chicken is well cooked.
When Chicken is well cooked, add spinach paste at the end. Mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Your Palak Chicken Ghee Roast is ready to be served.



















2 comments:

  1. Hi, is blending the spinach, tomatoes, and onions to a paste the same thing as pureeing them?

    thanks,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its pureeing them together

    ReplyDelete